Registered office address:
3-4a Little Portland Street, London W1W 7JB
020 7534 1760
Registered company number:
Information Commissioners Office registration number:
When we refer to “Medialab”, “we” or “us”, we are referring to the above company.
- email correspondence
- telephone calls
- hard copy correspondence/documents
- visiting our offices
- enquiring or engaging with us for our services, events or via our website.
We will comply with the data protection principles of the Data Protection Act 2018, as well as the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection Policy.
What personal data we collect and how we collect it
Medialab as Data Controller
Medialab may collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Job title
- Organisation you work for
- Contact details (email address, work address, phone number)
Information generated if you have a trading relationship with Medialab (eg bank and financial details and related correspondence)
Information generated by visiting our website or engaging with Medialab on social media (see our Cookie Notice below).
We collect this data in the following ways:
- When you provide contact details to us when requesting information or in communication about our products or services, either via our website, telephone or face-to-face.
- Information sourced from public domain sources
Information provided to us via cookies
How we use your data
- To fulfil an enquiry and/or provide you with the service or information you have requested
- To keep you informed and updated on relevant products you may be interested in
- To keep you informed of any events we may host
- To administer your account and fulfil our services to you, including replying to emails
- To improve our website and the services we provide
- To consider you for future employment
Our legal basis for processing
We will process your data under the following legal basis;
- Where you have given consent to do so.
- Much of our processing will be under our contractual obligation to you in order to provide our services that you have contracted us to provide.
- Where we are communicating with you regarding products, services and events we feel you might be interested in, or to manage our relationship and the services we provide you, we believe we have a legitimate business interest to do so.
- If we need to comply with a legal obligation
You will always be able to opt-out of any marketing communication we send you and all marketing emails will include an unsubscribe link.
How we keep your data safe
Your data may be shared with We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal data. All our data is kept in secure servers in the UK. No personal data is transferred outside of the EEA (European Economic Area).
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to any personal data information that we hold, to ensure it is only accessible by appropriately trained staff. Medialab is ISO 27001 certified.
Who we share your data with
We may share your data with third party service providers to help facilitate the running of our business, including accountants, CRM software, credit insurance and marketing fulfilment companies (including printers, email service providers, our own website host). We require these third parties to respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law.
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law.
Your data may also be shared with a third party organisation who is looking to acquire us which may involve the sale and/or transfer of control of all or part of our business to that controlling party for use for the same purposes as it was when originally collected by us.
How long we keep your data for
Except for the purposes of complying with our legal or accounting obligations or for operational reasons, we will not hold onto your data for longer than is necessary. Any data that is no longer needed is securely deleted.
Your rights and how you can find out about the information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and, if relevant, to withdraw your consent.
You can also object or restrict any processing, ask us to correct any information we hold about you or delete it altogether. You can request we transfer your personal information to another party.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, or would like to make a complaint, please email or write to us at the details below. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information.
Data Protection Manager
Medialab Group Limited
3-4a Little Portland Street,
You also have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.